Saturday, March 10, 2012

Trying it again

I tried to write a response to this earlier in the week, but it just wasn't coming. Here we go again.

It's kind of a hard to understand, probably due to the jumping into the middle of an argument thing, but I think the gist of the idea is that the author believes that religion has caused a lot of fighting, but not a lot of war. I think religion has caused a lot of both. Economics have also caused a lot of both. Prejudice (that has nothing to do with religion) has caused a lot of both. These days, I think that governments are more prone to starting wars over economics, but in the past? Eh, I think religion was as good a reason as economics back then.

The only other thing I want to mention about this one, is that the Bible does not condone slavery, like the author so flippantly asserts. The Bible does not approve of slavery. Read the Bible; look at the principles of mercy, kindness, gentleness, and the whole of, oh yeah, love my neighbor as myself. That's not slavery.

And that's all I will say, lest I ruin this attempt as well and I only get one post out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment