Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Short and (maybe) Sweet

Threnody's post is a short one, therefore, I think mine will be too.

The sarcastic, mocking tone seems pretty obvious to me. I suppose it could also be angry and bitter, but I think mockery more likely. To anyone who knows their Bible, there are obviously quite a few problems with the veracity of that little picture, and since most of it is stuff that I've already gone over, this'll be quick.

One, man was created perfect. We know this because in Genesis (1:31), the Bible says that God saw everything that He'd made and it was good. He created everything perfectly. Also, if we'd been made with sin, there couldn't have been a Fall - we'd have already been there.

Two, the wording "impregnate a woman with myself" sounds rather questionable. God did not have sex with Mary. Not any of the three Persons. Technically, it probably isn't false, but it seems to make things murkier, rather than clearer.

Third (and last), Christ did not die to save us from the perfection that Mankind was created in; it was to save us from sin (I Timothy 1:15) that we all commit (Romans 3:23) and the penalty of that sin, which is death (Romans 6:23).

I was told that I should include more Scripture references, so I'll be trying to do that from now on. Happy Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment